The following error is appearing while running Visual Studio 2005 and developing an application with SMO capabilities. It appears when trying perform a foreach( on ActiveDB.StoredProcedures).
Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.SqlServer.BatchParser, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91’ or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
I found an MSDN article that recommends downloading the 64 bit SMO assembly.
Here is the Microsoft MSDN article that talks about SQL Server connectivity for both 2005 and backward compatibility.
I had to close all applications, especially Visual Studio and then installed the following application.
- X64 Package (SQLServer2005_XMO_x64.msi) – 14675 KB
My system info is:
- OS Name – Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
- Version – 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
- System Type – x64-based PC
- Processor – AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
The installation took care of updating and using the latest SMO objects in the project. No removing of Assemblies or references was needed. Worked like a charm.